WHY I STARTED YOUTUBE - MY STRUGGLE

Hello Blog, it's been about 3 months since my last blog post and because of my absence, I owe an explanation.

If you had read on my previous posts, you would had come across that I've joined a competition called Sweet Generation MY by Etude House and guess what, I've won the competition as Visual Maestro! Seriously, this was the biggest achievement in 2018 and it surely gave me value in life.

After this competition ended, I am bonded with Etude House till the 31st of December 2018 which I will have to commit in creating contents for them until the contract ends. Therefore, since I've selected Youtube as a platform for me to showcase my work during the competition, I've continued until today and oh boy, it has been a real roller coaster ride to my health and life.


WHY I STARTED YOUTUBE
To be honest, my Youtube channel existed since 6-7 years ago. Back then nothing was serious, I was just filming myself singing, doing DIY's and painting. At one point when I started college, I stopped. I have always wanted to do videos again at the back of my mind but I always had excuses and basically just lazy.

And then when 2018 came, I became so ambitious. I wanted to do more and be serious about my own career and growth. Hence when I joined Etude House, I saw an opportunity for me to seriously start Youtube. I couldn't procrastinate and just be lazy, so this was a good head start for me in Youtube.

Initially, the hard work seem so fulfilling. Sleeping 4 hours a day and working during the weekend, I was able to see my hard work coming into pieces and it was amazing. However, my health started to show side effects and I felt guilty not able to spend quality time with my loved ones. It wasn't easy. It was also difficult when I started to be so insecure about my views and how others commented about my creation. At one point, I was so affected and stress, I really wanted to give up.

I own a full time job from Monday to Friday till 7pm. Juggling between both was so challenging. It became even difficult when work gotten busy for the end of the year end and I had a some issues in office. At one point, I cried to bed almost every night.

However, I am thankful that I do not suffer from any kind of depression because I always tell myself that I will be better. I am constantly positive, that's what I believe.

On the end of November, I took a 3 weeks break from working my ass off (all this stress) away at Australia and I can never thank God enough for this good break. I've been telling many of my close ones how I really appreciated this 3 weeks even though I had to take unpaid leave because if I continued working so hard, I think I could have literally stress die.

After all that re-energizing, I'm back stronger and I will be back to blogging as well!

Thank you everyone who went through my struggle with me this 2018.
I am looking forward to a brighter and better 2019!!

At the mean time, watch my latest Christmas Video here!






Comments

  1. Welcome back!!! I like your YouTube videos, your blog and miss seeing your Tweets on Twitter (@CharmWasabi).
    I love the lipsticks in the Christmas tree ornament! Your sparkly gold eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and perfectly applied lipstick all look very pretty. I also love the looks of both of the outfits you were wearing in your video!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment