#Beauty: IS BARBIE EYESLAND CONTACT LENSES COMFORTABLE AND TRUSTABLE FOR IT'S PRICE?

'Hello Wasabi, is Barbie Eyesland contact lenses trustable? They sell so cheap, RM 25 per contact lens only (omg).' 

SO not long ago I've shared this brand of Korea Contact lenses called Barbie Eyesland and many of my followers on IG was pretty baffled by how cheap the lenses are! Usual prices in optical shops are x3 the price!! With its low price, obviously we all have our doubts and curiosity and the most common will be, is it comfortable? is it like, fake? does it hurt your eyes?

Okay so here writing an honest review after being an experimental guinea pig for you (Lol).

I picked and received 3 pairs of  of contact lenses from them:
Evelyn Brown 15mm
Oh My Moon BROWN 14.5mm 
Milky Blue 14.5mm

it came in a box with 3 basic casing, some candy and a cute Rilakuma casing.
(cute touch!)

Water content for each lens is 38% which is a fair amount.


I will only be able to review 2 lenses from them because unfortunately the Oh My Moon Brown had some defect (which somehow is not visible) and it was very very uncomfortable wearing it. Perhaps this is one of the downside of it being cheap as the quality control is not 110%. 


Top: Evelyn Brown
Bottom: Milky Blue

Evelyn Brown 15mm

Image taken with Ring Light lighting.

This is my favorite pair and I've been wearing it day and night!


Design: It has an subtle ring in dark brown on the outer rim.  I find it pretty natural except the fact that the size is 15mm so it does have an enlarging effect which I actually appreciate and like because it compliments my large eyes! 

Comfort: Very comfortable and no weird feeling. It's recommended to wear for 6 hours max but I usually wear for more than 12 hours and it's still comfortable unless I am constantly sitting in front of an aircond or fan. Which is normal for all contact lenses.

Milky Blue


After trying this out, I found out my skin tone and hair color does not compliment blue eyes at all huhu. (This is just personal idea)


Design: I expected a more crystal clear blue just like the color in the lens casing but in actual fact it looks more dark when worn on my eyes. Perhaps because my eyes are pretty black and dark on its own. The design is very natural especially if it is brown or grey. The diameter of it is closer to the original eye size, very slight enlargement only. 

Comfort: Very comfortable and no weird feeling. (Similar to Evelyn brown)

I personally just feel like I don't suit blue eyes that's why I'm not really liking it. I feel like it makes me look pretty tacky but for you, it'll probably be nicer!

Verdict: Despite the cheap price, it is as comfortable as the usual optical contact lens. I personally recommend to only wear 2 months and then throw them away because of hygienic purpose. I've bought this kinda contact lenses online before many years back (6- 7 years ago) and I would say, they are more comfortable compared to back then.  The lenses now are thinner and more breathable, so i would say the technology has definitely improved!

I would recommend you to try them out yourself since it is really affordable!

You can purchase them here: https://www.barbieeyesland.my/


Comments

  1. SO not long ago I've shared this brand of Korea Contact lenses called Barbie Eyesland and many of my followers on IG was pretty baffled by how cheap the lenses are! Usual prices in optical shops are x3 the price!! With its low price, obviously we all have our doubts and curiosity and the most common will be, is it comfortable? is it like, fake? does it hurt your eyes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment